Route Bluetooth to Input Chanels

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Route Bluetooth to Input Chanels

Tagged: 

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Lee7 Lee7 3 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paul Foster
    Paul Foster
    Participant

Hello!

I’ve just purchased the amazing CQ12T.

As a solo entertainer I will only scratch the surface if it’s capabilities, however I would like to route the BT signal to linked input channels or the stereo inputs.

Is this possible or could it be added to the next firmware update?

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

The bluetooth input is a stereo input already. It is simply a dedicated input so you don’t have to use up any of the other inputs on the device. You can always use a bluetooth receiver/DI box and plug it into two of the devices inputs if you really need to run bluetooth through two inputs.

Profile photo of Jopn
    Jopn
    Participant

Hi Paul,

The bluetooth is a stereo input itself, I’m not clear on your use case. Could you elaborate?

Typically you route your inputs to a mix that is assigned to an output. Not assigned to another input.

Cheers,

Jopn

Profile photo of Paul Foster
    Paul Foster
    Participant

Hi

Thanks for your responses, I guess I should have explained the reason I was hoping to assign BT to input channels.

Quite simply, as I’m only going to be using vocals and iPad, I would have liked the Mic and BT input on one screen.

I do a cabaret show with costumes and gimmicks so I need to focus my attention on the audience and not the mixer screen where possible.

I’m moving away from the mix wizzard3 which was great apart from the size – scrolling between screens/menus etc. is the reason I have stayed away from digital mixers, until now.

Is there a way to show my mic input and BT input on one screen?

Paul

Profile photo of Bonecat
    Bonecat
    Participant

With MixPad I don’t think you can. However, if you use Mixing Station it’s pretty simple to build custom layouts to do what you’re describing…

Profile photo of Jopn
    Jopn
    Participant

Ahhh, now I understand. I think Bonecat is right about needing to use Mixing Station.

If you want a ugly solution, you could route BT to output 1 and 2, then connect world’s shortest XLR cables to jump from Output 1/2 to 2 inputs that are on the same page as your vocal input.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

As Bonecat has already said, just use Mixing Station and save two extra channels and any other cables that you don’t need.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.