RFE: Intermittent Mix Sends

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions RFE: Intermittent Mix Sends

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Baylink Baylink 6 years ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Baylink
    Baylink
    Participant

I’ve seen a number of comments on this topic around this forum; I’d like to formalize it:

It’s common to accidentally leave a Mix send up on the fader strips, and then try to mix LR on it.

Two changes:

1) If I press and hold a Mix key, then switch the faders to that *temporarily* until I let go. This provides the functionality many desire without breaking the traditional design, and doesn’t require adding a setup knob.

1A) Add the setup knob, for Locking/Temporary/Mixed-Mode.

2) When a Mix is on the faders, make some *REALLY VISIBLE* Change to the desk, not just a teeny LED I’m not looking at — change the default background color on the main LCD temporarily, for example.

Profile photo of Bob
    Bob
    Participant

I’ve also been caught trying to mix LR when either a Mix or FX mode was selected.

Maybe having the Mix and FX buttons blink would call attention to the mode that’s selected.

I recall when the X32 “Sends On Fader” was updated to blink when selected. End of confusion.

Profile photo of jakethepeg
    jakethepeg
    Participant

Add a setting where the scribble strip blinks when not on LR send?

Profile photo of Baylink
    Baylink
    Participant

Hmmm. Someone had suggested reversing the scribble strips, but I hadn’t seen “blink” yet. Another good approach, and even closer to the faders than the Big Screen.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.