Recording

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Recording

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tom Tom 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of rickygoo
    rickygoo
    Participant

I have a multi track recording of a gig I played at the weekend. It was recorded by the engineer on an Allen and Heath SQ mixer via a USB stick.

Set 1 is fine. Set 2 has a problem with some files. When I try to bring the files into Logic some are blank. They also can’t be copied onto my HD. I get an Error-36.

All the files that are problematic have an associated .ovw file. Theys neem to have been created when I tried to copy them to my Mac. I have attached a list of files in the relevant folder.

It’s well over my knowledge level to grasp what on earth is going on. The playable files are all 1.9MBs larger than the blank ones. The associated .ovw files are 2mb. Is that a co-incidence? Is it the Mac’s fault or the USB stick?

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Tom
    Tom
    Participant

Many USB thumb drives don’t work well for multitrack recordings.
    For reference, in the Qu troubleshooting forum there’s a sticky thread Qu-Drive Compatible USB Device Database. I know it’s for “Qu” but one gets an idea.

Another cause could be that the stick was pulled without properly stopping the recording.
    If you have access to a windows machine, you can try the help centre article
    SQ. Recovery of corrupted SQ-Drive recordings.

Was the recording load and error counter in the recording screen OK?

.ovw seems to be a waveform overview file written by Logic.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.