QU32 with Cisco SG300 for ME-1 units

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions QU32 with Cisco SG300 for ME-1 units

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Alex A&H Alex A&H 4 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Randy
    Randy
    Participant

Good day.

I am running a QU32 with an AB168 at FoH. From the AB168, I have a Cisco SG300-10P that is used as the distribution panel for my 8 ME-1 units that our musicians are using.

With no configuration, the “Expander” port on the AB168 shows a solid red light when connected into this Cisco switch. Based on other threads, I have disabled CDP and LLDP, rebooted the switch, and the port is still solid red with the LED.

Does anyone have a step-by-step guide for programming the Cisco SG300, or at least a general how-to for utilizing a managed switch (or turning off the managed portion) to power my ME-1 units.

Thanks!
    Randy

QU32
    AB168
    ME-1 x 10

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello.
    SO Everything else is A&H, the AB168 the QU32 and the 10x ME1…
    What made you select a different switch?

Was the a cost issue?
    As the A&H MU switch just works out of the box I would have thought?

Profile photo of Randy
    Randy
    Participant

Everything is A&H. This is for our church, so cost was a major factor. The Cisco is a managed switch, and I’m wondering removing the “managed” portion would correct the issue.

-Randy

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

This article is in the knowledge base
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/702/175/me-1-compatibility-with-a-third-party-switch
    Hope that helps.?
    I was looking for something else

cheers
    daveNZ

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

So,

Did you ever get this resolved…

Perhaps a vlan for me-1 units…

I’m interested in this as I have one room that has a sg300-20 installed for Dante…

Would be nice to use a vlan for the 5 me-1’s…

Gracias
    LKY

Profile photo of skneprath
    skneprath
    Participant

I am having the same issue. I have a A&H QU16, a single A&H AB168 and a Cisco SG350-10P switch. I have tried a VLAN and all other recommendations. I assume the LED on the expansion port should be lit green when it is happy? Can anyone offer insight into this…

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Skneprath,

We have a knowledgebase article which has some more information on this: https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/703

But as the switch you are using is managed, you will need to turn off all layer 3 functions to force it to layer 2. Also, you will need to force the ports to run at Fast Ethernet (100BASE-TX).

If doing the above doesn’t solve the problem, you may need to use an unmanaged Fast Ethernet switch instead.

Thanks!
    Alex

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.