QU24 USB Recording on a MAC

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting QU24 USB Recording on a MAC

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of pastormike pastormike 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pastormike
    pastormike
    Participant

We’ve tried to use the QU24 for multitrack recording in Logic Pro X with USB, and got it all set up (watched YouTube videos on it), and it seemed to record for a little bit, then it drops/stops (and the error message is something like no sound device – as if the qu24 disconnected). We’ve recently also tried to connect to StageWave on a different Mac (for an in ear monitoring system)….same thing. It connects for a little bit, then drops. We’ve replaced the usb cable several times, and the Mac has an Apple M1 Pro chip/16GB (I use Logic Pro X all the time with many many tracks). Also, we’ve had the qu24 board serviced and had the USB connector on the board replaced (supposedly).

Has anyone experienced this? Is it just a bad board or are we missing something to try?

Thanks!!!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi @pastormike

Definitely ensure you’re running the latest firmware as there have been updates to improve USB connectivity and clocking.
    You should also check that you are running the same sample rate as the Qu in any apps (48kHz).

If this doesn’t help, please contact us using support.allen-heath.com and we’ll investigate with you.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of pastormike
    pastormike
    Participant

Hey Keith,

Ok thank you so much! I’ll double check the sample rate for sure. I believe Logic defaults to 44kHz and I’m sure I’ve never changed that.

Again, appreciate it!

Michael

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.