Qu24 USB B Noise

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu24 USB B Noise

This topic contains 62 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

How does this look?

The Qu is still sharing the USB controller with WiFi, Webcam and Motion Controller…
    Just re-checked with my MacBook. The external USB sockets connect through a single USB controller. Internal gear like WiFi, Webcam etc. are USB devices as well but have their own controller. Nevertheless I also get audio instabilities with WiFi enabled…

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

I have some sort a slot in front of of the two USB on the left side. I don’t know what it is.

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

I have an ethernet and SD card and HDMI.

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

Yes but I disabled them.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Disabled or not, they are still enumerated and present for the USB controller any may continue to consume USB bandwidth.

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

I guess you couldn’t have a more unstable interface. No more boards with USB B for me.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Well, its not the board, its more the driver architecture and implementation combined with conserving hardware cost by merging stuff together on one physical USB interface. Answer probably should read: No HP notebook for multichannel audio streaming… 😉

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

I agree but Alen and Heath should give people a heads up as to the requirements of the computer using such a finicky interface. It costs a lot of money to purchase a computer that is unusable. I guess for anything over 18 channels of recording I have to pull out my GLD with Dante . That’s just too big for some budgets .

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Or take the computer back as not fit for purpose – or was it really one you had lying around anyway?

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

Yeah I’m sure they’ll take it back because it has one USB controller . And what’s the guarantee that the next one you buy will work with this finicky interface. And what store will open one up and show you devices by connection so that you can identify whether or not it has multiple controllers ? This is disgusting . Well there’s one company out there that knows what they’re doing and that’s Dante .

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

In re random device incompatability:

No manufacturer can build a totally idiot-proof device. Unfortunately, this seems to be your present situation…

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

Didn’t ask for an idiot proof device . Asked for simple direction from Allen and Heath before you purchase a computer that you find is unusable. I can tell you this if I designed a board it would not have USB B in it.

Dick Rees
    Participant

Your frustration is understandable. The expectation of 100% manufacturer responsibility for full functionality regarding an infinity of variables across the range of third-party devices not so much. Of course it MIGHT be possible, but the price point for the product would have to reflect the cost of the time spent to evaluate every single possibility out there…and on an on-going basis. You can’t afford that…

There is a consumer maxim at least 2,000 years old:

caveat emptor

Profile photo of I am
    I am
    Participant

That’s a piss poor excuse .

Dick Rees
    Participant

Well, I hope posting vitrioloc diatribes on internet forums makes you feel better. Seriously, relax, get over it and move on. Right now you’re spinning your wheels.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.