QU-SB Recording USB outs and Mix post/pre

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions QU-SB Recording USB outs and Mix post/pre

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Jacobrownoly Jacobrownoly 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jacobrownoly
    Jacobrownoly
    Participant

I didn’t check but Is the default setting for the Q Drive (USB multitracking) post-preamp? Stupid question but is this just set on the global channel from any input channel?

Does post-preamp mean after the gain stage has been set for each channel but before everything else?

I would I Imagine this is the most popular way of recording, post preamp?

Also, in regards to the mix outputs would the most popular way to set this up as POST-ALL? So you hear eq and compression changes in your in ear monitors ect.

Thanks

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Post-preamp and it is a global setting that can be done from any input
    channel.

It’s right after the gain stage.
    Generally you’ll want to turn the follow fader option off.

As for mix sends it’s kind of a personal thing if you want to hear the channel
    processing in you monitors or IEM’s.
    Not sure I would want compression.
    If you have the channel space you could split some of the key channels and use one for the mains and the other for monitors then could could EQ, compress, ect, just for the IEM’s using the second channel.

Profile photo of Giga
    Giga
    Participant

The second possible take-off point for recording is just pre the insert point…

Post-all for signals that are going to wedges is asking for trouble, for in-ear use it’s a viable option

Giga

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Sometimes I’ll do “post EQ” for wedges never “post all”

Profile photo of Jacobrownoly
    Jacobrownoly
    Participant

Thanks for the response guys!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.