Qu-SB Outputs out of phase?

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Qu-SB Outputs out of phase?

This topic contains 25 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Keef Keef 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of David Haughton
    David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi all, Qu-SB firmware maintenance release 1.92 is now available online:
    https://www.allen-heath.com/media/QuSBUpdtV1_92_4542.zip
    Thanks.
    Harry.

Profile photo of hobsound
    hobsound
    Participant

Harry,
    Loaded the file onto a flash drive formatted and readable on a Qu-16, and when I push the firmware update button on the SB, I get a flashing red light.
    Manual says that means the firmware on the unit is newer than the firmware on the USB stick.
    What now?

hobsound
    Participant

And now the SB is showing pegged meters in every screen.
    Tried a full reset, no change.
    Updated the open ticket I have with tech support.

hobsound
    Participant

Received reply from A&H Support (Mike), suggesting I use the Qu-App to perform the firmware update (I totally forgot about that feature).
    That worked. Now just need to test the Main LR outputs to confirm they are in phase.
    BTW, the manual is a bit sketchy on the firmware update procedure, it appears to leave out the step of rebooting the unit with the reset button held in and the flash drive inserted.

David Haughton
    Keymaster

Hi Rob, the printed Getting Started Guide for Qu-SB was actually published before the Firmware Update procedure was implemented.

The GSG online is fully up to date and is the latest version: https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Qu-SB-Getting-Started-Guide-AP10287_2.pdf
    To confirm:

Use a thin pointed object to press and hold the Firmware Update Button to run the
    Firmware Update procedure.

The update procedure will run a file check during the Firmware Update indicator will either:
     Flash GREEN to confirm the file on the USB device is newer than the firmware installed.
     Flash RED if the file is older than the firmware installed.
     Light solid RED if there is an issue with the USB device or if the file is not valid.

Release the Firmware Update Button within 3 seconds to cancel the update procedure.

After 3 seconds the Firmware Update indicator will slowly flash RED (continuously).
    The update is now in progress. You may release the Firmware Update button at this point.
    The indicator will flash GREEN to confirm the update is complete.

Hope this helps.
    Thanks.
    Harry.

hobsound
    Participant

Thanks, Harry. That is the version of the manual I already have.
    What is unclear is whether you need to power the unit up holding the firmware update button in.
    I tried that, and never saw the green flash, only red. And I know the firmware on the drive was newer than the installed firmware.
    The only way I could get the firmware updated was by using the Qu-App.

David Haughton
    Keymaster

Understood. This isn’t a “hold on power-up” procedure so that’s why it doesn’t specify that the button needs to be held while the mixer is powered, but I’ll make a note of this for future issues 🙂
    Cheers.
    Harry.

Profile photo of wolferl
    wolferl
    Participant

I bought a Qu SB a few weeks ago and tested it in my Studio enviroment. Unfortunately without testing the main LR Outs. Now we tried the mixer in our band and the Signal out of LR Main had a Phase Problem too (thin Sound, no bass). I will try the new Firmware but it is very dissapointing, that a new mixer has this bug. I hope that the new Firmware fix this. I got now the feeling that I bought a Smartphone…

Regards,
    Wolferl

hobsound
    Participant

Run the firmware update and it takes care of the issue.
    I’ve been using my SB for the past 4-5 months since that issue and all is well.

Profile photo of mixJM
    mixJM
    Participant

Hi,

Yesterday I helped my friends set up a mix for their wedding band and I was surprised to discover the phase was flipped between Main L and R outputs.
    We soldered a phase reverse cable on the spot to solve the problem.
    What firmware version was affected by this issue? I’m going to ask them about their version.

Thanks.

Profile photo of Keef
    Keef
    Participant

This should help – look at the notes for 1.90 and 1.92:

https://www.allen-heath.com/media/Release-Notes-Qu-firmware-V1.93.pdf

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.