Qu-Pad not functioning with iOS8

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-Pad not functioning with iOS8

Tagged: , ,

This topic contains 24 replies, has 15 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of brianaudiobiz
    brianaudiobiz
    Participant

I have a Qu-Pad running version 1.5 on an iPad3 running 8.0.1. When connecting to a QU-32 running 1.50.3619. The app will find the 32, momentarily show the control screen, then show a WiFi symbol before displaying a connection error and return to the selection screen. Any help would be appreciated.

Profile photo of Hal
    Hal
    Participant

We just got our Qu-32 and I have the same iPad 3 on 8.0.2 and have the exact same issue. My dealer contacted them and said they know about it and are working on a bug fix for the app. Unfortunately, you can no longer go back to iOS7 since Apple is no longer “signing” the firmware requests when attempting to downgrade back. So, until they get the app fixed we have to wait or get a new iPad. Maybe next week after the new ones come out I’m thinking. 🙂

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi both,

In our tests we have found Qu-Pad V1.50 to work fine on iOS 8. The only known issue at present is with Demo mode.

Can I ask you to check what you are experiencing is not related to this:
    https://allen-heath.helpserve.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/507/0/ios-6-and-later–problems-connecting-to-wi-fi-network

Otherwise could you please submit a ticket to our Support team so we can investigate further.

Profile photo of Hal
    Hal
    Participant

I tried the link you suggested and still it still did not fix the issue. Here is the screen that pops up. Note that both Brian and myself both have iPad 3’s running iOS 8. I think this is significant to note. I will open a ticket referring to this string on the forum. I’ve included screenshots from my iPad of what happens. Thank you!

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Hal
    Hal
    Participant

Tried submitting a ticket, but I cannot register one on the Support page because the CAPTCHA Verification is not showing up in either Safari or Firefox or on my iPad Safari on the “Create a new account” page.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

We’ll look into the Captcha issue, in the meantime I will open a ticket on your behalf, you should get an email confirmation shortly.

Hi @halswift

We’re unable to replicate this issue on a PC w/Firefox or a Mac w/Safari.

Please could you try again in case it was a momentary outage with the Captcha provider.

Profile photo of ambulance23
    ambulance23
    Participant

Yesterday, I had the same problem. I give the ipad an static IP, and let him connect to the router and it is working.
    good luck

Profile photo of topdj
    topdj
    Participant

Im staying on 7 with my I pad 3 till I see this is completely
    solved

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

To be fair there is a mirror of this thread elsewhere, where people are reporting that it works just fine…

Profile photo of brianaudiobiz
    brianaudiobiz
    Participant

I have found it works for me on 5G but not 2.4G (using the same router). Maybe this is the difference between those of us that were experiencing issues and those that weren’t?

Profile photo of Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Participant

I am not the most experienced with routers, is there a way to set my router to 5G all the time?, thanks

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Which router do you have?

Profile photo of Jeffro
    Jeffro
    Participant

Belkin n600

Profile photo of Hal
    Hal
    Participant

For me, I was running an Apple Airport Express not connected to the internet. After playing for days on end with the internet setting in my iPad 3 I decided to grab my kids iPad Mini and it worked fine on that iPad. So, I copied the exact internet settings and still nothing.

I decided to give up on my iPad 3 (which is starting to show its age) and switch with my kids. The speaker went out on my iPad 3 anyways and the processor is better on the iPad Mini than on mine anyways. So, fixed…sorta.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.