Qu-pad constantly looses connection

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu-pad constantly looses connection

This topic contains 47 replies, has 23 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Dick Rees Dick Rees 6 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of
    Anonymous

My qu-pad app app on the ipad looses connection every 5-10-15 minutes. Anyone else with this problem?
    I have an Airport Express 1 meter away from the ipad which is ethernet connected to the Qu-pac
    No other network problems here either.

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I had a similar problem with my QU app disconnecting only the other day. It seemed to stem from last week when I logged into the backend of my router (Virgin Superhub – Netgear) and deselected “Broadcast SSID” and to make sure it was set to 5 GHz.

I got to our gig on Saturday night to find my iPad wouldn’t connect to the router even when I manually entered the network name and password, so I had to run the show from the desk, which was a pain as it was some distance from me at the back of the stage.

So Tuesday this week I thought it would be best to put my router back to how it was before the weekend’s dilemma, put it back to how it was and all seemed fine until as soon as I logged in to the QU app. As soon as I logged in the app would disconnect from the router and it would also not show up in the Wi-Fi settings on the iPad. It was as if I had just switched off the router.

No matter what I tried I couldn’t get it to keep connected.

So I went out and bought an Apple Airport Express, set it up to operate on the 5 GHz bandwidth and disabled the SSID from being shown to other devices, works a treat. I had been looking at buying an Apple router for a while, fingers crossed it stays working.

Profile photo of Ferry Joshua
    Ferry Joshua
    Participant

Same problem,

wifi signal is full but get disconnected from qu

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

I now use a dedicated airport express with hidden ssid 1 foot away from the ipad but keep getting disconnected from time to time anyway even with 100% wifi signal. I never get disconnection from other things.
    I mean, this is the selling point for the qu-pac failing…
    Not acceptable with such expensive mixer.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Never had that problem with airport express (other than an outdoor gig when I was testing its range – which doesn’t count).

What are your network settings?

Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

I too have just moved over to an Apple Airport Express, settings are 5ghz and SSiD disabled. I haven’t used this new setup yet on a show so cannot comment about reliability. My old Virgin Superhub router wasn’t at all bad and as you know it all depends on venue and what other 2.4/5hz traffic there is. My old set was set to 5ghz and sometimes that would lose connection even though it was in line of sight and no more than 6ft away from me. Other occasions were I have done outside work I have been at least 40ft away without any probs.

A lot more devices these days are using the 5ghz bandwith domain.

Profile photo of debzdoodle
    debzdoodle
    Participant

I used to use a Cisco (Linksys) router and lost connection every show at least once. I got an Airport Express and now rarely lose connection – maybe one time every 10 shows. It has to be a fault of the mixer or your network settings. It is definitely not the normal way of things.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

When I had the airport express under the table 3 feet from the ipad I lost connection more often than when I have it on the table 1 foot away from the IPad. Logically this has to have something to do with either the app or the mixer that fails to reconnect it self even after a slightest disturbance inte the network traffic. And that disturbance increases with distance.
    Network traffic consists of packages sent to and from different units. Some packages fail to deliver but there is normally an acceptance in normal network traffic before it is timed out. Here it seems to disconnect or time out as soon as a packet in that traffic is lost.

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

If passwrded does it at least remember the password now?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Same problem here, qu pad disconnects or will not connect even with 100% router signal strength. Tried various router settings except MAC filtering while turning off all other security, I will be trying that very soon! The problem dose not seem directly related to the amount of other wi fi traffic in the area, at least in my case. I’m using a Linksys wrt54gl router at this time, however I’m just about to order an Apple Airport Extreme.
    Any suggestions before I place the order? I can’t miss anymore solos because of a lost connection!!
    My system is a Qu Pac and iPad Air 2’s.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

No other advoces but Do not expect that an airport extreme silves the problem. I dont think it will. Especially if you don’t have random drop outs using other apps on that ipad. I am quite sure the problem lies within the app itself and some kind of sensitive time out setting.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Are you running DHCP or assigned fixed IP addresses to both iPad and Qu?

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

At this time I’m using DHCP, I’ll try going to fixed IP addresses for both iPads and the
    Qu Pac.
    Any suggestions what to set them to.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

IP settings just need to match the configuration of your access point (=WiFi router).
    If you’re running some default configuration, your router is probably setup with some IP like 192.168.X.Y and subnet mask 255.255.255.0.
    The Y is the unique “identifier” of your router (probably 1), the X identifies the network and needs to be same for all devices within that network.
    Then you probably want to know the range where DHCP numbers (always the Y part) are selected from to not choose one from there. If DHCP selects from 100..199, then numbers below 100 are ok.

Assuming 123 for X and your router (auto-)configured for 192.168.123.1, then you may pick 192.168.123.2 for your Qu and maybe 192.168.123.10 for your iPad.

I’d probably only pick a fixed IP address for the Qu and keep running mobile devices using DHCP.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Thanks for all the info.

The routers default IP was 192.168.1.1 in the router config I set the routers IP to 192.168.55.1 .The DHCP range is from 192.168.55.100 thru 192.168.55.107 I have the router
    set for a total of seven DCHP connected devices.

So your suggesting to only configure the QU for fixed IP and leave everything else (my Ipads) DHCP.

Thanks again

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 48 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.