Qu pac input to go to output for iRig to iPhone

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu pac input to go to output for iRig to iPhone

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chrisvic Chrisvic 3 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Chrisvic
    Chrisvic
    Participant

We have a qu pac mixer using 16 input channels which feed loudspeakers.

We are trying to link the input to an output
    Line to which an iRig can be connected which feeds the sound directly into iPhone to stream the church service.

We have a rack that is connected to the mixer with 3 output, we have the iRig which we connect to the output with an xrl into the rack output, and a jAck into thr rig.

We however are not getting a good signal and think that we do not have the correct output settings on qu pac. Do we need to connect the active input channels to this output? Can we adjust volume on signal?

Chrisvic
    Participant

Any ideas please ?

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

There seem to be quite a few things called iRig, and we don’t know what your rack is 🙁

If I’ve understood what you want to do correctly, take a look at the Alt Out outputs of the Qu-Pac. Any of the desk’s outputs can be patched to these. So you could use these to send L+R to your stream, or you could set up a mix for the stream.

Chrisvic
    Participant

How would a mix output look on qu pac?
    I know we go to the fx,mic section but do I have to patch the 4 channels we use due fly into them on Qu pac. I can send some screen shots if that helps?

Chrisvic
    Participant

See photos

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Chrisvic
    Participant

IRig

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I actually have a couple iRig interfaces that I keep handy for that last minute “can I get audio to my phone for a live stream” request. Now to get people to turn their phone horizontal instead of vertical when they use them for video!!!

Like Mark said we need a few more details.

What version iRig do you have? I have one that is the basic model with a 1/4 inch input jack and one that has a single XLR input that has a 9 volt battery to power it.
    Like Mark suggested the ALT OUT is a handy output and has a dedicated level control on the front panel as well.

The ALT OUT would be a simple connection using a 1/4 patch cable into the iRig if yours is the version with the 1/4 jack. Keep the level feeding the iRig lower as it is really set up more for insturment level inputs or it will overload and distort.

The other model I have using the XLR input works well but the input is a mic level so you do not want to overdrive it, any of the XLR outputs on the mixer can over drive that input. You need to keep the gain down on the iRig and run the mix level lower or it will overload the input.
    If that is the model you have a 1/4 inch to XLR cable would let you connect to the ALT OUT.
    Keep the phantom power turned off on the XLR versions as well.
    Also if the iRig you have is the XLR version look at getting an inline XLR PAD about a -30db model to plug into the input, that will let you use line level outputs and maintain a better gain structure.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Ok you updated with some info while I typing.

That’s a slightly different version iRig than the ones I have but it does
    have the 1/4 insturment input jack.

It sounds like you are connecting the iRig input to an XLR output on the AR84 stage rack.
    You are most likely over driving the iRig input.
    How is the XLR to 1/4 cable wired that your are using?

Here’s something to try and you may have the parts laying around.
    Take a passive direct box, the kind that does not take a battery or phantom power to operate.
    Connect the XLR output of the direct box to the XLR output on the stage rack, you will need a female to female XLR turn around cable.
    Use a 1/4 inch pact cable to from the 1/4 jack on the direct to the input on the iRig.
    Give that a try if the DI box has a pad switch try turning that on if the level still seemed to high.

Chrisvic
    Participant

Hi Folks
    Thanks for advice.

I managed to get another procedure from a website that suggested I start Facebook live and then insert IRig connector. Guess what!!! It worked!! Have the sound system directly inputting into the iPhone and what a difference!!! Thanks for help and keeping me focussed!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.