Qu Drive Wave Playback "click" and format problem

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Qu Drive Wave Playback "click" and format problem

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of mumawu mumawu 10 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of mumawu
    mumawu
    Participant

I´m using the Qu Drive playback function to play Wave-Mixes between one band and the other. Works fine. But, starting a stereo wave file generates a small click. Switching to the next file while one is playing also clicks. It is not very loud but I can hear it over the speakers.

The other thing is, that I can not playback waves generated with Cubase 7. I always have to open the file in WaveLab and save it up again. Cubase 7 Waves where displayed as “unsupported format” in Qu Drive. Have changed every parameter – didn´t fine a way to get it work.

Does anyone have one or both of this problems? Any idea how to fix it?

Profile photo of mamerica
    mamerica
    Participant

The noise may be coming from ST3. Try muting it while using the Qu-Drive

This is from the Version 1.3 Release Notes:
    Some USB noise can be heard on the ST3 input channel when the top panel ST3 mini-jack input is
    selected as its source and nothing is plugged in. Mute this channel or turn its fader off when it is
    not being used. The noise is not present when an audio source is plugged in.

Profile photo of mumawu
    mumawu
    Participant

The Noise isn´t from ST3, because I have plugged in a mini-jack and the CH is turned off and muted as well.
    I don´t know, but the click noise isn´t coming all the time. Sometimes there is a click, sometimes not. In WaveLab or another DAW software isn´t any noise and I also don´t see anything that could produce these clicks.

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

The other thing is, that I can not playback waves generated with Cubase 7.

Hi Martin,

What version of firmware are you running? V1.31 added support for Broadcast Wave files (BWF chunks) as well as WAVE64 headers. If you are already running V1.31 could you please submit a support ticket here and attach a copy of these Cubase 7 files? That would help us investigate.

Thanks,
    Nicola

Profile photo of mumawu
    mumawu
    Participant

Hi Nicola

I´m running V 1.31 – earlier versions didn´t have this problem. Everything works fine.
    I was trying Broadcast Waves in Cubase 7 – unsupported format. But I didn´t tried WAVE64.

The support ticket will be submitted today.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.