Qu-16 USB-B Distortion & Gain – There's a Duck in My Mix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Qu-16 USB-B Distortion & Gain – There's a Duck in My Mix

This topic contains 18 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Miles J Miles J 1 year ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Miles J
    Miles J
    Participant

I tried the Qu with my wife’s MacBook, same result. Then I tried it with my old 2011 iMac running an older OS, and the problem went away.

I am not aware of any drivers required by the Mac for the Qu. There is a firmware update available, the release notes say there are improvements to USB streaming stability with some computers, but it also says the most recent Mac operating system supported is the one on my old Mac. It can’t hurt to try…

Thanks again for all of your time and attention to helping me out.

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@milesj

You need to use the old mac!

Apparently the newer opsys is the problem with the Qu.

Profile photo of NZdave
    NZdave
    Participant

@miles J
    Greetings there Miles J 🙂

I’m keen to know if your [Wife’s] MacBook is USB ‘C’ new, small reversible shape or the USB 3, same as the original shape with the blue strip?
    Also have A & H authenticated your version of Apple OSX for use with the QU?
    Also curious to know your definition of “plenty of RAM” 4? 8? 16? 32? within your Mac that is.
    Cheers.
    Hope to hear from you.

Profile photo of Miles J
    Miles J
    Participant

@xyz,

Greetings!

Thank you for your note, I appreciate your help. My apologies for the delay in response – you can measure my latency with a calendar 🙂 I’ve been working against a deadline of yesterday, and defaulted back to my trusty old equipment for this week.

The MacBook has the new, reversible shape.

The good news is, updating the firmware from 1.90 to 1.95 in the Qu seems to have solved the problem of the digital artifact noise.

Cheers!
    ~ Miles

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.