Qu 16 Newbie

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Qu 16 Newbie

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of [XAP]Bob [XAP]Bob 8 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

I just purchased a new QU 16 and have spent (5) hours trying to set it up in Logic Pro X. I have no idea of what I am doing. I want to record 8 audio tracks in logic using the QU as a DAW controller. First off I cannot figure out how to get playback on the track or tracks from any other tracks than 1 & 2 stereo. I thought I could have playback occur on any track. Secondly, I cannot figure out how to setup the DAW control. I thought this mixer was supposed to be a plug and play? Can someone walk me though the setup process for sending a keyboard plugged into channel 1 & 2 through the mixer, play back, and control the audio volume in Logic with the QU mixer?

I would be so appreciative.

Thanks.

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

This is driving be bonkers. I cannot figure this out. The YouTube DAW control video does not explain it enough for an old guy.

Profile photo of
    Anonymous

Hello Pat
    I signed in and noticed 60 % of the posts dissipated to what I was going to attempt to help.
    The referenced video was not a good starting point to learn how to use a DAW with QU
    The referenced video that “was here on this post ” I cannot see now in this forum?
    However the video had a GSR24 in the Core audio page and Reaper DAW software at the beginning (which I personally use flawlessly) and some other DAW software near the end of the the video. So anyone would be confused with that!
    I think firstly are you familiar with the QU?
    Read the manual and studied every page so you understand all the tech jargon?

And have you tried using the Q drive as a recording device yet?
    Maybe someone out there can put some links onto here to assist you?
    You have made the right choice of mixers as the QU does work brilliantly with Mac. …. and PC

Profile photo of pat
    pat
    Participant

Thanks for your help. I am going to go at it again today to see what I can come up with. Are you saying that Reaper, which I have used in the past allows DAW control?

Profile photo of peppenapoli
    peppenapoli
    Participant

Hi guys I’m logic user , I already setup qu 16 and Logic Pro x so the my English is very bad but if you explain very easy your problem I’ll try help you ciao

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Fundamental question – which OS?

MacOS and Linux both support Core Audio, Windows needs an ASIO driver installed to access multitrack recordings..

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…this had been a 2014 thread until today… 😉

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

D’Oh…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.