Qu-16 and Logic setup

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu DAW integration Qu-16 and Logic setup

Tagged: ,

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of peppenapoli peppenapoli 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Hello

I just setup my QU-16 mixer with Logic Pro X according to this video

The problem is that when i move faders from the qu16 i see them moved to the DAW, but when i move faders with mouse from the DAW there are not moved to the QU-16. What’s the problem?

Also i created a “new monitor” in the “open midi environment” tab according to video and i linked the connections BUT when i close logic and opened it again the settings are not exist.

Thanks for your help

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Any help?

Profile photo of peppenapoli
    peppenapoli
    Participant

What about pan?they working fine ti you ? When itry control pan not working in Logic

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

If you mean panning from the controller, no it’s not working!

peppenapoli
    Participant

Why?

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

I don’t know i’m trying to find a solution.

peppenapoli
    Participant

Pls let me know

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Ok sure!

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

…if you’re using DawControl (HUI Protocol), controlling the pan is not supported. According to page 70 in The Manual (need a shortkey for this, sigh) you can control Mute, Select, Solo and Fader. This is a protocol limitation (the HUI does not have a dedicated PAN encoder). If you need advanced control, you better use The Native Qu MIDI Protocol (need a shortkey for this as well) not the HUI emulation.

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Thanks Andreas for your reply.

I’m not using HUI protocol but Mackie Protocol from the A&H Control panel.
    This is wrong?

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

😉
    In late 1990s a company named Mackie designed a DAW control surface named HUI. The protocol used to communicate with that device is known as the “Mackie HUI Protocol”. Its pretty simple in structure so it was adopted from several other control surface manufacturers and developed to a somewhat “standard” across various DAW applications as well. So, if you are using the “Mackie Protocol” you’re using the “HUI Protocol” automatically. Technically its the same, just different words (Mackie Control refers to a different hardware, though).
    The HUI hardware does not have a dedicated PAN encoder but one assignable (inside the DAW!) controller per channel column. The Qu has Pan only in the superstrip, which is a totally different idea. So both concepts simply do not match here, consequently you can not map the Qu’s Pan pot to a Pan inside the DAW using the HUI protocol.
    To get a somewhat more featured control surface experience, you need to manually setup controller assignments. The Logic Documentation at least notes that controllers may be assigned on a custom base.

Profile photo of dmarin
    dmarin
    Participant

Thank you Andreas for your explanation, now i understand! I’m new to the digital and DAW world so understand 🙂

I’ll read the logic documentation and i hope to fix my “problems”

Thank you again!

peppenapoli
    Participant

For any solution pls let me know regarding panning

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.