problem importing recording into cubase

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions problem importing recording into cubase

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Steven18 Steven18 6 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Steven18
    Steven18
    Participant

Hello everyone, has anyone ever tried to record in Cubase or another DAW what was recorded live on the SD card of a CQ20B? Let me explain, playback of the recording made on SD and multitrack recording on the DAW? my problem is that I recorded on SD and if I want to recover the .waw by importing them into the DAW, the playback speed is slow, I tried to convert the audio from 48khz to 44.1 it works but, if I want to use MELODYNE, it gives me false correction as if the pitch was not good, yet we are in the 440??? a real headache! If anyone can help me I’m interested! thank you very much for your attention

Profile photo of bullmoon
    bullmoon
    Participant

The A&H records at 48khz (or 96k). I use Nuendo which is essentially Cubase. You must create the Cubase project as 48k and also make sure the Cubase ASIO settings for your audio interface is also set to 48k, unless you are using the CQ as the audio interface and it will be at 48k already. Once you have done that, you can bring the tracks into Cubase or record them in from the CQ. If you don’t set Cubase and the project up correctly beforehand it will probably give you problems with mismatched audio sample rates. It’s hard to say what Melodyne as a plugin would make of that.

I have not tried Melodyne with any of this, but I’d be safe and keep the audio and Cubase Project at 48k – why not? If you need to convert to 44.1 to burn to a CD or whatever, do that after you have mixed down to stereo.

Profile photo of Steven18
    Steven18
    Participant

Hello Bullmoon, thank you for your attention, ok in the future I will proceed like you, I also found another solution, play the recording via the CQ20B and record it with the DAW, and it works, but it It’s a waste of time, by doing this everything goes back to normal and melodyne returns to normal operation (good pitch detection) thanks again

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.