Prevent overwrite of show file

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions Prevent overwrite of show file

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GSLC-Tech GSLC-Tech 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of BWC
    BWC
    Participant

Hello All,

Forgive me if this has been discussed previously, I was not able to discover anything via searching…

I support about 10 GLDs that I’ve placed at various houses of worship. One of the processes I get organizations in the habit of operating from, is to always start each event with a base standard configuration, for consistency.

Inevitably, the base configuration gets overwritten by someone somewhere down the line.

Is there any way to “write protect” a show file, preventing a user from overwriting the file, much like the standard show files that ship with GLD? I know we can blanket prevent a user from saving show files, but I still need the users to be able to save shows, just not be able to overwrite the master show file.

Am I missing this capability anywhere?

Thanks!
    ~Bryan

Profile photo of Chris93
    Chris93
    Participant

A flash drive with the correct show file gaffed to the bottom of the table, just don’t tell anyone it’s there until they really need it or that one’ll get overwritten too. 🙂

Chris

Profile photo of jcarter
    jcarter
    Participant

Or save the master show file on a computer on the same network, and restore as necessary using the offline editor.

But, to answer the question, no I don’t think you can block overwrite of specific show files.

Profile photo of GSLC-Tech
    GSLC-Tech
    Participant

I agree, so much so, I am going to toss it into the features request. We had it happen, but had things backed up on our flash drive.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.