POE Switch in 2019

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions POE Switch in 2019

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ahjeff ahjeff 1 week, 2 days ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Kevin
    Kevin
    Participant

Hi all…could I get some suggestions for some current POE switches that work with the ME system? We have tried 3 switches and all of them have clicked. Thanks.

Profile photo of Barryjam
    Barryjam
    Participant

Edimax Long Range 8 Port PoE+ Gigabit Switch, Supports Long Range Upto 200M, Port-Base VLAN, QoS, Auto-detect PD, Total 130W (GS-1008P V2) purchased in June 2018. Worked great right out of the box for both Me-1 and Me-500 when connected to QU-SB or ab168 to Edimax to ME units. I use 5e cables.

Notice that I said QU. If you are connecting to an SQ system, I’ve read that you may HAVE TO connect a 48k stagebox in between your mixer and the switch or do some other options that are beyond my knowledge.

Barry

Profile photo of ABAG Soundboard
    ABAG Soundboard
    Participant

We just picked up 5 ME500’s and use this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MQHD54L/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of ahjeff
    ahjeff

You might have found it already, but we have a knowledge base article on this: http://allen-heath.kayako.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/702/175/me-1-compatibility-with-a-third-party-switch

If you’re hearing clicks with certain switches, the most likely reason is that they have a protocol of some kind running on the switch; if you’re lucky, you might be able to turn this off through the switch’s management interface. As the article says though, we recommend ‘dumb’ layer 2 switches, as these don’t have any ‘intelligence’ to interfere with the audio packets.

Hope this helps

– Jeff, A&H

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.