Offline Editor

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ general discussions Offline Editor

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of OrionX OrionX 6 days, 21 hours ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of LongWelsh
    LongWelsh
    Participant

Any idea of a timeframe for the offline editor? Iā€™m currently out on tour and getting some very funny looks bringing the SQ into my hotel room to make changes. šŸ™‚

Profile photo of icecool
    icecool
    Participant

in fact I have a gld with broken dislay … and the sq6 is far away from the gld carettistics. it would not be bad to have at least the editor for the work I have to do with the new but limited sq6 !!
    waiting for the warranty service to repair it

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

Hi LongWelsh,

The editor for SQ is a large project that is a long way off.
    In the meantime, we are looking at adding some offline functionality to SQ-MixPad to allow setup away from the console.

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of alli
    alli
    Participant

Hey Keith,

this feature sounds great! Preparing a scene on a tablet would be perfect for the touring engineer… I was hoping it comes with 1.3. šŸ˜‰

Regards,
    Alex.

Profile photo of lightingman117
    lightingman117
    Participant

Thanks, Keith,

Can we get some more info about this topic?

We’re getting a lot of traffic over at the ProSoundWeb forums.

We’d be interested in when, and what offline capabilities the iPad app might have.

Thanks!

Profile photo of OrionX
    OrionX
    Participant

Hi Keith,

Some offline functionality for the SQ-MixPad app would definitely be helpful. But regarding the full offline editor, any chance we can get some definition of “long way off”, as in, next 6 months, or next 12 months etc? If not, I understand, but figure it can’t hurt to ask.

Thanks for all you and the A&H team do!

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@akiwerski ,

The reason we avoid giving ETA’s on firmware of software is because they are always subject to development and test time, so I cannot give a definition, but obviously this is quite a large undertaking.
    Hence the decision to look at adding the offline functionality to the app, to give everyone the main things they’re after sooner rather than later!

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of OrionX
    OrionX
    Participant

@keithjah ,

Thank you for the reply! I definitely understand the hesitation. I’m pulling the trigger on a new SQ-7 with DX168 stage boxes early next week, so I am glad to see some offline functionality heading to the app soon.

Again, thanks for all you and the A&H team do!

Cheers,

Alex K.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.