New setup, obviously missing something…

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive troubleshooting New setup, obviously missing something…

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Paul Paul 9 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

Hi there,

We’re obviously missing something, and I’m hoping you can tell me what it is.

I have a brand new T-112 with an IDR48 as the Master and an IDR32 Slave. All devices have been set with static IP addresses as follows and can be pinged from a laptop on the network:

10.15.0.51/24 Hostname: iLive-T112 Surface
    10.15.0.52/24 Hostname: (None) Screen
    10.15.0.53/24 Hostname: iLive-MixRack48
    10.15.0.54/24 Hostname: iLive-MixRack32

The default gateway, DNS, and domain name are also set appropriately. As you might be able to see from my account, I’m a network engineer, and I made sure this was all done to proper network specifications for our church. 🙂

In any case, we have the following physical connections, as per “Method 1” in the getting started guide:

T112-ACE to IDR48-ACE
    IDR48-PortB-ACE1 to IDR32-ACE
    IDR48-Network3 to IDR32-Network3
    T112-Network(RJ-45) to Managed Church Network Switch

We power up the surface and it sees both MixRacks. Everything in utility-network-dual looks good. It sees both as being the same firmware revision (1.94 if I recall?). It registers them as the correct hostnames and the correct model numbers.

We then exit Utility and go to Pre-Amp. We click the dropdown for the module source. We see iLive-MixRack48, but do not see iLive-MixRack32. If I select “ACE Port B”, we are prompted for a channel between 1-64. But if I select iLive-MixRack48, I get a prompt for a Bank and Port number.

How do we get a prompt for iLive-MixRack32’s bank and port numbers? Did we miss a step?

Thanks!

Paul and Carole

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi Paul,

Have you set up Dual MixRack mode (Utility / Dual MixRack Setup / Add Slave)?
    Have a look at this video, and for more Dual Rack gotchas there’s an Understanding guide here.

Hope this helps.

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

I watched this video and read the article before posting to the forum. My specific question is this: in the video, it shows screen shots during minute 2. At 2:15, there is a screen shot showing the dropdown box under Source Select/Device. It does not show the idr slave rack. Then at 2:17 a key is pressed or a button is pressed or something that changed the devices listed in the drop down menu. What makes the dropdown menu change?

Thank you,
    Carole

Profile photo of eotsskleet
    eotsskleet
    Participant

in the video they change the input selection from CH1 to Input CH65 at 2:16

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

How?

Profile photo of Paul
    Paul
    Participant

Okay, I finally found it. My issue came from trying to assign a socket from the slave rack to a channel on the surface that was less than 64. You have to set the input channel number to higher than 64 before you can assign it a socket from the slave mix rack. I wasn’t placing any value in the channel number assigned to the strip on the console. Thanks for the help, I finally found my error!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.