New Mixer

Forums Forums Other A&H products New Mixer

This topic contains 7 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Leo Leo 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Hello all, so I need a new mixer ASAP and am interested in both the QU16 and the CQ18T. I play in a 3 piece band (2 acoustic guitars, Bass and 2 mics) occasionally drums. What is best to invest in in 2024?
    A mute button for all lines for the CQ would be GREAT but I guess you have to individually mute lines?
    My only concern with the QU is if is still worth it, being as is a bit dated. Thank you for your time!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

The QU’s are still a great mixer, I have three!

That said the QU16 has a much larger foot print than a CQ18, that could be
    a factor in your choice.

Profile photo of bridget
    bridget
    Participant

For your band setup, both the Allen & Heath QU16 and Behringer CQ18T are solid options. The QU16 is reliable and offers good sound quality, despite being a bit older.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Obviously one of the biggest differences between the QU and CQ series is the physical faders. Given that it sounds like it’s just band members without someone “mixing” the show from FOH, the lack of physical faders on the CQ series probably isn’t a big deal. Because of the lack of physical faders, the CQ consoles are smaller form factor than the QU series (at least the ones that have faders). That may be a real benefit.

Some of the limitations of the CQ series (like not having DCAs or mute groups) can be avoided by using the third party app, Mixing Station. I actually would recommend that app regardless of the mixer you end up purchasing. Mixing Station supports most of the consoles in this price range (A&H, Behringer, etc).

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

Awesome the fact you have 3 is a no brainer for me. I can’t thank you guys enough! Will be opting for the QU16 !

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

So the mixer is out of stock currently at my local shop and have also gotten other mixed replies on YouTube just now,
    That gives me more time to think about my decision and I am open to more input from the community! Thanks again!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

For what it’s worth the three I have are the QU Pac, QU16 and QU32.
    The QU Pac get used the most with or with out a stage box.

Just used the QU32 for two school plays where having 30 wireless mics
    you do need real faders under your fingers!

Profile photo of Leo
    Leo
    Participant

After some thorough due diligence and help from Sweetwater, I have settled with the CQ18T, thank you Brian for the insight on the Mixing station app! Best regards to all,
    – Galileo.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.