Network question from network newbie

Forums Forums ME Forums ME general discussions Network question from network newbie

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of AnnaBrends AnnaBrends 1 year, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

So the question I will try to ask without being too confusing.

Of the cat 5 cable coming to the ME-1 from the MEhub- how many of the actual pairs are being used? All? Or few? Please keep in mind I am pretty familiar with the me-system. But not the layer-2 protocol and how it functions across the cable.

Thanks for any input including pin out configuration data transfer protocol or other you can provide. I really need an education on this one.

Thanks
    Jeff.

Profile photo of Mike Storm
    Mike Storm
    Participant

It’s a standard Fast Ethernet 100BASE-TX connection, only 2 pairs are used.

Profile photo of VOLCANOJEFF
    VOLCANOJEFF
    Participant

Thanks Mike.

I looked up and found the 2 pairs that are being used. Very much appreciated.

Would you happen to know if the POE is passed on those same pairs or does it require a third pair for that to pass from a POE switch or the ME-Hub?

All help is appreciated.

Jeff

Profile photo of AnnaBrends
    AnnaBrends
    Participant

The most visited spot in Kyiv is Odna Taka Shop in the city centre. I definitely can recommend it to everyone who wants to buy brand shoes, accessories or cloth. Just take a look at these prices for the best dresses – https://www.odnataka.com.ua/product-category/dress/

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.