muting mixes / controlling mixes

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions muting mixes / controlling mixes

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

sorry, but the manual just does not work well enough for me although it is far better than utoob videos

MD asked me if I could find a way to take all the monitor mixes 1 2 3 4 and 5/6 in use
    and be able to mute them all from a single soft key
    also
    to be able somehow link them so the levels could all be controlled from one fader

so A&H is that possible?

anybody with suggestions for achieving that or something similar please reply
    thanks

Profile photo of Ryan
    Ryan
    Participant

Is there a reason you can’t just add the mixes to a mute group for single softkey muting, and a DCA for single fader control (on the custom layer)?

Profile photo of Alex A&H
    Alex A&H
    Keymaster

As Ryan has said, a Mute Group will allow for muting multiple mixes and a DCA will allow muting and level control.

The DCA can be assigned to the custom layer in Setup > Control > Custom Layer and you can assign you mixes to the DCA in Routing > Mute/DCA Group Assign.

I hope this helps!

Alex

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I generally put monitor mixes all on a single DCA so when someone gets up on stage to talk I can pull the monitor levels back to cut down on bleed into the mic and clean up the speaking vocal.
    That also helps people who get scared when they hear their own voice!

If everyone is on in ear monitors then monitor bleed is not an issue in between songs and or when
    random people get up to speak.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.