More than 8 SQ4U Users

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions More than 8 SQ4U Users

This topic contains 3 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of jonathanhatch jonathanhatch 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Jiminthebox
    Jiminthebox
    Participant

This is one that I didn’t even realize was a limitation until recently but explains some issues we have been having. Why is it that the SQ will support up to 12 Aux Sends but only 8 people can access SQ4U at any point in time? We have a minimum of 9 mixes each week, sometimes up to 12 and people that can’t access their mix randomly. I thought we were just having issues with our network until I realized that there is an unnecessary limit of 8 people accessing the app.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

The 8 connected device limit is a limitation of the system’s network stack.

I can’t answer why the SQ network stack limits the number of connected users to such a small number as it is clearly too few for many situations. This is one of the biggest limitation of the SQ series IMHO, and unfortunately it is one that many users don’t even know about until after they have purchased it and it is too late to change.

Profile photo of paolopg
    paolopg
    Participant

+1
    I had bands refusing to use the console because of this limitation. I had to use an X32 instead, it was a sad day.

Profile photo of jonathanhatch
    jonathanhatch
    Participant

+1

Though I believe this may be a hardware issue, which I don’t understand how. It’s quite a bummer.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.