More Qu-Drive features (complex recording matrix)

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu feature suggestions More Qu-Drive features (complex recording matrix)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Andreas Andreas 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of MotherMix
    MotherMix
    Participant

Hi folks at A&H,
    I hope no one else requested this already, but this is what would be great things:

1) Qu-Drive stereo recording:
    – Record channels even if they are muted. In some situations, not every signal is live, but you want to record it. In the best case, there’ld be a option to chose the signals. – Chose to record without any FX.
    – A virtual master fader, to push the level of the recording (maybe you don’t need the master as loud as it would be good for a optimal recording level).

2) Qu-Drive multitrack recording:
    – Chose the channels you want to record.
    – Option to chose if you want to record with or without FX.

In know that these are no explizit feature for a live purpose, it’s more interesting for recording, but it seems to be possible for me 🙂 .

One more thing: For a control purpose it would be great to listen to the master signal/ recorded Filmes via iPad audio IO. This would be great for soundchecking purposes!
    A brickwall limiter for the master would be great too 😀 !

Cheers and thanks, MotherMix

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

Mother…

That’s all there already. You just need to set it up that way.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Its probably not asked since most of it is already there… 😉
    Check out I/O Patch Setup – USB Audio in chapter 11.18 in The Manual.
    You are totally free to assign whichever channels you want to record for both stereo and multitrack. If you want to stereo record something different than LR, just create a Mix and record that one.
    Direct Out trim can be used to adjust USB recording levels globally (see page 38).
    Mute is still mute, though.

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Lesson learned: Should post shorter answers to be first… 😉

MotherMix
    Participant

Ok, that sounds great, I’ll check the features 😀 . I skimmed over the manual but I didn’t find it. Sorry for that.

So what remains:
    One more thing: For a control purpose it would be great to listen to the master signal/ recorded Filmes via iPad audio IO. This would be great for soundchecking purposes!
    A brickwall limiter for the master would be great too 😀 !

Cheers, Mothernmix

Profile photo of [XAP]Bob
    [XAP]Bob
    Participant

Audio over IP is inherently delayed by more than is usually acceptable. I have a set of wireless IEMs which I use (fed from alt out).

At €100 they are a very neat way of getting a fully wireless mixing experience.

MotherMix
    Participant

I can imagine it, but in my opinion this would be great for quick and dirty soundchecking in a rehearsal or recording context withou any extra costs!

Profile photo of Dick Rees
    Dick Rees
    Participant

I use an IEM rig as mentioned. No way to do it over your WAP without unacceptable latency.

MotherMix
    Participant

Latency doesn’t really matter for soundchecking imho. But I understand it seems not a real pro feature 😉 . IEM coming soon 😀 !

Profile photo of Giorgio
    Giorgio
    Participant

Sorry to ask, but … the hints “… see in the manual …” are not helpful for owners of QU-SB, because the USB Audio Patch-matrix is a completely different surface. So my question, is there a good manual for this matter?
    Or can someone explain, where the blue fields must be, to record, and to be able to hear the playback?
    Thank you in advance
    nice greetings from Vienna
    giorgio

Profile photo of Andreas
    Andreas

Sure, surface for Qu-SB/Qu-Pad differs, but the underlying engine is the same. There is another Manual for the Qu-Pad application which roughly explains the patching matrices in chapter 1.6.
    Finding the Channel Input Routing dialog is a little bit more tricky, it opens when clicking on the white arrow in field Name/Linking of any channel (“Processing Tabs – CH” on page 6).

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.