Mixing inside the box

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Mixing inside the box

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of LKY LKY 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Lee7
    Lee7
    Participant

Many people including myself have asked questions about whether it is possible to mix inside the box without resorting to using a DAW. This recording was recorded via the QU-Drive onto a 500GB Samsung M3 Portable HDD at a small theatre in North Yorkshire (UK). All I have done is tweaked the EQ here and there and then recorded directly from the QU-16 via the Alt Out’s into SoundCloud.

There are other tracks on SoundCloud that where from the same show.

🙂

Profile photo of Lou
    Lou
    Participant

Nice work! A whole new definfition of “In the box” you have. Not to be harsh, but you could do a better mix – the insturments are pretty low. I’m trying to be helpful, the vocals sound great!

IF I WERE TO BE SNIDE, I’D SAY IT IS EASIER TO MIX IF YOU TAKE THE MIXER OUT OF THE BOX. but I wouldn’t say that, would I? 🙂

Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Cool,

This is exactly what one band member wants do do at his house…

Too bad we couldn’t bounce or dub over tracks on the qu drive…that would be Awsome! And bring this unit into the workstation range of units…and of course automation as well too!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.