Make the touch screen fully functional

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis feature suggestions Make the touch screen fully functional

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 1 month ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

After using the Avantis Director on a touchscreen enabled laptop, I realize how limiting the built-in touch screens are on the Avantis. You can basically only use them to select a function that you want to change, but then have to use the single encoder to make any changes. You can sweep a frequency on the parametric EQ, but that is it. Everything else has to be done with the encoder.

In comparison, you can change everything on a laptop touchscreen by clicking and dragging to increase or decrease a value. This works on basically everything – gain, inputs, EQ, compression/gate settings, etc.

I also would like to see the parametric EQ allow both frequency AND Q changes via the touch screen. There is not reason why the changes to the Q can’t be done on the touchscreen (this is true even with the Director software – you have to click on the Q setting and then drag instead of just using the graphical interface to change the Q).

When the Avantis came out, I thought it must be a software limitation. But now that the Director is out and it works more like you would expect on a touchscreen, I have to assume it is a touchscreen driver issue. I know the driver is multitouch (because the routing page can require multitouch to work), but clearly there is room for improvement.

Thanks,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.