M-Dante and recording

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions M-Dante and recording

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Nicola A&H Nicola A&H 9 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Yeoman
    Yeoman
    Participant

Hello,

Recently added an m-dante card to my Idr32/r72 system mainly for multi-track recording.
    Studied the A&H youtube videos which were quite helpful. Performed flawlessly.
    My question is about choosing what the m-dante card uses as it’s source. I was not sure if I should choose mix rack input or input direct out for my recording channels or if there is actually any difference between the two if the direct out is globally set to pre hpf. I did a quick visual comparison of levels for each source and the seemed very similar if not the same.
    What source should be used if virtual sound check is desired.
    Can I find more information on m-dante recording specific to ilive?

Thanks,
    John

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

Hi John,

Direct Outs follow the DO global option but, even when set to pre HPF, it’s always post Digital Trim. Also when patching it’s worth noting that Direct Outs are taken from the Input Channels (which can be fed by any socket anywhere).

MixRack Inputs are straight from the preamps (not affected by digital trim). Here you are patching sockets, not channels.

Your choice really.
    Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.