Low budget tablet compatibility CQ MixPad

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Low budget tablet compatibility CQ MixPad

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Chienmort Chienmort 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Neuartys
    Neuartys
    Participant

Please make it CQ MixPad more compatible to small size Android tablet.

I have an Amazon Fire HD 8 gen 10 (2020) 3.5 years old tablet and I can’t use CQ Mixpad (won’t install) . While an apple tablet that is 10 or so can run the app no problem.
    This is important to people who’s on the budget. People like me will mostly look elsewhere, even tho the CQ line is an awesome mixers, when extra cost is needed to get the full experience of the CQ mixers. e.g I bought my android tablet $23 CAD and the cheapest apple tablet I can find is above $150 CAD used.

I’m currently using my phone to run the CQ MixPad but I much preferred a dedicated and bigger screen to run the app.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

It would be great if A&H would support Android with all of their “mix” apps. The CQ series is just one of a long line of consoles that isn’t supported on Android.

That being said, I would highly recommend you try the third party app, Mixing Station. It supports a wide range of consoles including the CQ series, and it is available on every major OS type including Android. It also adds some “missing” features that the CQ systems don’t currently support like DCA groups and mute groups. There is a small cost associated with purchasing the proper license, but it is WELL worth the cost. I don’t know of a single person that regrets purchasing Mixing Station.

Profile photo of Chienmort
    Chienmort
    Participant

I am confused here. I have a 10 year old IPad that will not run MixPad. Me 2021 iPad does. I have an Lenovo tablet bought in 2022 that does run the app but is a tad slower.

Oh course the Fire Tablets run a bastardised version of Android (indeed Android itself is a bastardised version of Linux). The problem maybe that the Fire does not identify itself as the correct version of Android.

I have looked at different Android devices and the one I have has only 2Gb ram. I was thinking of trying one of the cheaper ones with 4Gb Ram.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Per the Mixing Station website, it seems that MS works on Android devices running Android 5 or newer. That means there can be some pretty old devices (Android 5 was released in 2014) that will still run MS. iOS requires iOS 11 or newer and iOS was released in 2017, so there is a difference in how far back devices are supported between the two major mobile OS.

If you are using a device that has a noticeable reduction in performance, I would suggest that you factory reset it and start over. Reinstall only the apps that you use regularly.

Again, Mixing Station is very “light” when it comes to device resources.

Profile photo of Chienmort
    Chienmort
    Participant

I will try doing a factory reset. I must admit I have had Apple devices since 2007 and Android is an alien country for me.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.