Lock Screen Option

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ feature suggestions Lock Screen Option

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of crossly crossly 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of tob
    tob
    Participant

Would be nice for CQ18t screen and also MixPad.

-thxs!

Profile photo of Highflyer1953
    Highflyer1953
    Participant

Pardon? Please explain.

Profile photo of tob
    tob
    Participant

Just thinking it would be advantageous to have an option that would lock a screen on the CQ or ipad to prevent accidental changes, inadvertent touches, cleaning, drying if it gets moisture on the screen, etc… Not necessarily a password protected field, but just a button to tap (like a mute button – but global) that freezes all states and keeps everything operational in that state while locked. Tap it again and it unfreezes a lock and allows normal functionality and changes. This may not be a feature others see as desirable but thinking out loud as I work with my CQ18t and ipad. As a guitar player it is interesting with callouss on my finger tips how different quality touch screens respond. I also note if my fingers may be slightly moist, picking up a drink that sweats etc… I have to be mindful of my effort to mix/adjust on glass. Whether its a phone or something else… sometimes I want to clean the glass to create a smudge free surface to help keep things pure and clean. Hope this helps, just a thinking out loud as I chewed on this myself. Thanks! Hope that makes sense…

Profile photo of CQ-18T
    CQ-18T
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of crossly
    crossly
    Participant

I think the ‘freeze track states’ would be useful on the main fader page for things like cleaning and preventing accidental changes to the mix.

However, I think this can be taken a step further with a ‘Lock mixer’ function. This would be on the main page and would require a password to unlock. Before locking, the user can be asked if they want the mix to be muted or remain as it is.

I really like your idea of freeing track states without muting them, I hope they implement it in an update.

Best,
    Crossly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.