ip8 – some thoughts

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive feature suggestions ip8 – some thoughts

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ThatComplicatedMidiGuy ThatComplicatedMidiGuy 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hey folks!

So I’m a few weeks in using an ip8 as an additional bank of faders/controls with a c1500 at a broadcast station. Some initial thoughts about things I’d like to see in future updates:

1) Unity calibration line does not match up. I know Wolfgang mentioned his started working fine after a while… ours still has not. Alternatively – a way to *calibrate* faders on that unit.

2) Sends on faders! I’ve got mine mapped out so sends on faders are pretty easily accessible on the c1500 side, but hitting, for instance, a mix button on a vocal and having all my FX sends flip to fader on the ip8 would be infinitely more useful.

3) Shortcut for 0/-inf (reset plus nudge up/down on any dLive surface.)

4) Faders mappable to fx unit/compression/etc, parameters (for selected track.)

Profile photo of Jay
    Jay
    Participant

I am involved with Opera & Symphony and use the IP8 at a seat in the venue to manage levels, so 2 more requests:

5) I need it dimmer than what it currently is, even to the point of allowing the brightness steps to be a range of “very dim”;

6) “Quite mode” on faders so they move not quite as aggressive and are whisper quiet.

Jay

@ Jay, you know, you could probably try removing the caps and putting a tiny thin piece of felt under them, then put the caps back on. Might help dampen that noise a little. …or that might just be a stupid idea. (IE – How long will the felt last before it sends little particles into the fader slot?)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.