Interference on playback from iMac

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Interference on playback from iMac

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by Profile photo of Binky Binky 10 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Binky
    Binky
    Participant

Using Logic Pro X or Reaper with an iMac and the Qu-16, intermittently, I was hearing clicks and a grating distortion across all tracks on playback.

Tom Griffiths at Allen and Heath in Leeds was very good at trying to sort out the problem, but it was the guys at The Production Room in Leeds who suggested that it might be interference from the iMac WiFi. Switching it off solved the problem…hopefully permanently … and I’ll let you know if the solution isn’t permanent.

Sorry if this is old hat to you experts out there. I’ve been multi-track recording for 30 years, but I’m a newby to computer-based recording.

Profile photo of Binky
    Binky
    Participant

Hmmm! I spoke too soon. I had a full day recording old stuff from my AW4416 to the iMac without any problems on playback, but tonight at a live rehearsal, the intermittent screech is back across all tracks. Back to the drawing board.

Anybody had anything similar?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.