Input delay does not send to post-fade mix

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Input delay does not send to post-fade mix

This topic contains 5 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of KeithJ A&H KeithJ A&H 3 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of willggriffiths
    willggriffiths
    Participant

I’m trying to adjust lip-sync on an input from a video playback machine. Adjusting the input delay affects the send of the channel to my main output, but not to my foldbacks or subs, which are run on a post-fade aux.

I have had to work around this by delaying the input source, sending it to a direct output, and then hard patching back into the desk to another channel which is distribute to all of my outputs.

Surely this isn’t right? If I delay an input then that delay should come before any aux sends are taken, particularly post-fade.

Thanks.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

Mix sends can be taken from various points, which are able to be selected independently of pre and post fade options (unlike analogue desks).

My guess is that yours is taken from somewhere before the delay, and that you need to alter it to the Post Delay point. The diagram in the manual shows the delay as being after the compressor.

Profile photo of Ethix
    Ethix
    Participant

This is because normally delay is the last thing you would ever want on a monitor mix. Video sync always brings up this issue even on much bigger mixers.

Profile photo of willggriffiths
    willggriffiths
    Participant

Found the setting in the routing page of the mix master strip under “Aux Send Settings”. Lots of other consoles default to taking post-fade aux sends after the delay.

Profile photo of eugk
    eugk
    Participant

Thanks for posting that! I’m using an Aux to send audio to Zoom, and was wondering why the compressor wasn’t doing anything. Changing it to Post Delay fixed that.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

There is a diagram here showing routing points which may also be useful – https://support.allen-heath.com/Knowledgebase/Article/View/sq-signal-path

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.