Input channel broken CDM32

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive troubleshooting Input channel broken CDM32

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MJCElectronics MJCElectronics 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Spookt
    Spookt
    Participant

I have an input on my CDM32 that has an issue. There is a signal but very far, you have to gain it until it buzzes. Someone here has the same issue. I have to change the complete strip?

Grtzz

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

The only alternative to changing the whole strip is component level troubleshooting and repair. In a situation where you would be paying someone to fix it, likely it would be cheaper to swap the whole card.

Still, it might be worth looking for:
    * Bad electrolytic capacitors. These are the component most likely to fail since they degrade with age/use. Sometimes they bulge or leak when they fail, but not always.
    * A cracked or otherwise bad solder joint. Visually inspect the bad channel and compare with one of the good ones. If you find a cracked solder joint then someone with basic soldering skills could fix that.

If the picture you posted is the actual circuit card, and the bad channel is channel 1, then you might want to look at what the black speck is between R73 and R80.

Profile photo of MJCElectronics
    MJCElectronics
    Participant

I had a gain issue with an input on an iLive mixrack that I bought used.
    A&H were not able to help, they don’t even release schematics to their authorised service partners.
    Their answer was a replacement card which was an answer I was unwilling to accept so I ripped into it and started reverse engineering the input circuitry.
    The good thing about the input/output cards is that they have many identical sections of circuitry so any good electronics tech can grab a multimeter and start comparing a working channel with the broken one to find the fault without schematics.
    I found a surface mount resistor that was open circuit, once that was replaced the faulty channel matched all the rest.
    Total parts cost for repair £0.27.
    If you know someone with a decent knowledge of electronics troubleshooting and the skills to work on tiny surface mount circuits there’s a fair chance they can fix it using this method.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.