iLive external fader Control for Dante

Forums Forums iLive Forums iLive general discussions iLive external fader Control for Dante

Tagged: 

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of SteffenR SteffenR 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of peterschun
    peterschun
    Participant

Hi guys, just joined this forum. Have a question on the 112 on using it with Dante.

So currently, the church’s rig I’m at is set to where the main 2 (L/R) from the board is getting fed to our livestream via Dante. I’d like to change it to where I can route something like DCA’s (drums/bass/guitar/voc) to livestream via Dante to get more control on the feed mix. Now due to budget, I can’t get a broadcast mixer or something in the similar veins to it and route outs into it then back out via Dante. Was wondering if there’s another way for this? I saw some faders like https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=fader+control+allen+and+heath+ilive+112&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8 out there and hopefully I can configure the board to have parallel faders that separately controls it?

Any other cost effective solutions would be highly appreciated! Thank you guys

Profile photo of Rlauck
    Rlauck
    Participant

So it seems to me that with a computer (best you can afford) and any DAW software (best you can afford – some are free, but . . .), you should be able to purchase and install Dante Virtual Soundcard. It only costs around $30 for one license.

You can mix up to 64 channels in your DAW (as many as it can handle), use the virtual soundcard as your input into your DAW and then route the master back out to your live stream. (I could be crazy, but it might work!) So that computer simply becomes another device on your Dante network.

I am certainly not an expert in Dante or the iLive, but I use both and I think this should work.

Profile photo of peterschun
    peterschun
    Participant

Right, but would that work in real time? Trying to keep it to like 8 faders/channels MAX

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

I don’t understand the idea behind this… your live mix is your stream? then the DCA and groups are already in place to do what you need

Profile photo of Underscore
    Underscore
    Participant

We use Aux sends for our different feeds. Be it live stream, or other outputs that require different mix than house mains.

Profile photo of SteffenR
    SteffenR
    Participant

And how is this related to DANTE?

I still don’t get the idea…

the monitoring apps will help with controlling one mix only
    but the control is limited since these apps are intended for on stage control

on the other hand it is possible to split the inputs to different channels and to route them to different groups instead to the main mix

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.