How do y'all Scene recall at certain date/time?

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions How do y'all Scene recall at certain date/time?

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of msteel msteel 9 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I’d find it useful to be able to automatically recall certain scenes at specific dates and time of day. I’m sure this could be done using midi or IP. Is anyone aware of any free or cheap software which could run on a PC and allow midi messages to be scheduled and sent like this?

Also does anyone know what protocol director uses to communicate with the rack unit?

Thanks!

Profile photo of Nicola A&H
    Nicola A&H
    Keymaster

I’m sure there’s other options, but Qlab can send program changes based on real time clock, and is widely used in the show industry.
    You will need to run it with the A&H MIDI Control driver.

To answer your other question: Director, the dLive Surface, dLive MixPad and Custom Control all use our proprietary AH-Net protocol to communicate with the MixRack. However, program changes and many other parameters can be controlled via the public MIDI/TCP protocol available on our website.

Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

Free piece of software call Companion. You can make timed events and send over the network. No need for the Midi driver.

https://bitfocus.io
    https://bitfocus.io/connections/allenheath-dlive-ilive

Jgrift! Thanks! This is a perfect solution and an awesome looking tool overall. Looks like I will be able to integrate other apps and platforms into it.

Really appreciate you sharing this here.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.

Another photo showing the triggers and logic behind connections in bitfocus.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of Jgrift
    Jgrift
    Participant

I have found this software very useful for many productions. Triggers can also be based off status of other devices for live triggering. Have fun.

Profile photo of msteel
    msteel
    Participant

Another option we use is SFX by Timeline Theatrics (formerly Stage Research).
    It is a Windows-only app similar to QLab. It used to be paid (expensive, actually), but is now minimally maintained and they have been giving out license keys at no charge.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.