High Pass and EQ Displays

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions High Pass and EQ Displays

Tagged: 

This topic contains 20 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Tatsuya Nakamura Tatsuya Nakamura 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of TimmyP
    TimmyP
    Participant

I expect that this has been mentioned a number of times, but:

It really bugs me that the EQ window does not display the result of the EQ and high pass filters in combination. Please change this.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

+1000000
    when tunning the HPF, the screen should stay at the PEQ view!
    that’s important for me.

the HPF Freq is showed in the graph,
    an the slope is not so important for me.
    If i want to see or change the slope, i can go to the HPF screen view.

So please STAY at the PEQ view, while turning the HPF Knop!!!

thanks

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

+100 for this.

Profile photo of MiG Eater
    MiG Eater
    Participant

+1 please

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

+1000 from my side

Profile photo of John@CreechBC
    John@CreechBC
    Participant

Hi – I also find it frustrating that operating the HPF clears the EQ screen.

Also how about adjustable slope on LF in group/mix EQ?

Profile photo of Alec
    Alec
    Participant

+1

Profile photo of Hugh
    Hugh
    Participant

This is a no brainer: in the event it can not be accommodated with a firmware up-date because of core limitations, we have another example of the need for a more comprehensive processing controller than is possible within the SQ5 as it exists.
    Hugh

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Hmm, displaying HPF together with the PEQ is already available on the Mixpad app. Why should there be a core limitation which do not allow the display on the console? The processing is already implemented. Hmm.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

displaying HPF together with the PEQ is already available on the Mixpad app

It is, and the HPF is also displayed on the PEQ screen on the console.
    Regarding the OP though, we do not show the overall (yellow) EQ curve with HPF included as it would be inaccurate to do so.
    HPF is applied earlier in the signal path rather than at the same time as PEQ. It’s pre-insert so you could do something like insert the Hypabass Add-on or an external effect which would put low end back in.

The comments on the ‘Screen follows surface’ functionality (don’t follow HPF, do follow PEQ band selection) are on the list of things to consider for the future though so please do continue to let us know if this is something important to you.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Nolan
    Nolan
    Participant

As I see it, the main issue is getting back to the PEQ screen after adjusting the HPF while ‘Screen follows surface’ is turned on. It takes you away from the workflow, and it would be nice even to have the eq “band” buttons take you back to the PEQ screen. I also prefer to see the HPF as part of my PEQ. Call it classical conditioning. πŸ˜‰

Profile photo of Mfk0815
    Mfk0815
    Participant

Regarding the OP though, we do not show the overall (yellow) EQ curve with HPF included as it would be inaccurate to do so.
    HPF is applied earlier in the signal path rather than at the same time as PEQ. It’s pre-insert so you could do something like insert the Hypabass Add-on or an external effect which would put low end back in.

Hmm, never the less there are five filter (HPF and four bands of PEQ) in the console and these filter will create an EQ curve which can be shown. But neverthe less using only one screen to show the operator the whole filter would be a good idea.

Profile photo of Soundave
    Soundave
    Participant

+1 for Nolan’s request. Especially the eq buttons taking the screen to peq!

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

we do not show the overall (yellow) EQ curve with HPF included as it would be inaccurate to do so

Hi, this is not true (at least for me) why should it be inaccurate?

A filter curve is ever and ever relative, and nothing absolute!!
    So what’s the difference if the subharmonics are added before, or after or in-between 2 filter stages?
    Ok for the resulting Audio it’s different.
    But for the RELATIVE overall Filter curve it makes no difference!
    Or may I be wrong?

But in somma it doesn’t matter if the overall curve is displayed in yellow or not…

BUT:
    OK A&H is implementing their strictly rules of
    changing the screen to the corresponding display page. This results in this anoing situation that the screen changes from PEQ to HPF including a heavy LOSS of displayed information… :(. πŸ™ :(. :(.

But the important question is:
    Why the hell is the HPF shown in the PEQ page??
    Here they throw their own guidelines overboard…

So please follow your voices and stay the hell at the PEQ page, in case the HPF Encoder is touched…

Even if for your CORRECT engineering the HPF is something totally different then the PEQ…

For us in the field it isn’t.

thanks
    dd

Profile photo of kub
    kub
    Participant

+1 for an option to show things like this.

then again, one shouldn’t rely on graphics while mixing audio all that much.. which is why i’m going to ask for dB values at the faders in the next post. haha.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.