Help with WAV files

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu troubleshooting Help with WAV files

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Davec Davec 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Davec
    Davec
    Participant

So I must have pulled the stick out too soon, I’ve corrupted my recording. I’ve got the multitrack files where you’d expect them on the stick but they’re all 1kb.

Checking the drive for errors comes up with 18 large files.

I’m importing these into Audacity as raw files, with some success, but I’m having trouble getting the “start offset” number right. Does anyone know what this should be, on files written by the qu16? Would it vary between files? I’ve got two tracks restored ok, but the others seem to want a different setting. TIA

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Profile photo of LKY
    LKY
    Participant

Not using that software, I’m an audition/protools PC user…

You should be able to bring in the tracks and look at the wave form to time align…

Similar to gridding out a song…just insert a break on a beat and align the other track to it…

Hi @davec,

Try an offset of 500 bytes and let me know if it worked for you.

Profile photo of Davec
    Davec
    Participant

Thanks for the reply. It seems to be 1,2, or 3, depending on the track. I’ve got 12 1.7gb files to sort, so it might take a while to confirm

I found this on another forum;

***********Since the file is 24-bit you may have to shift the data by one or two bytes to get it aligned. (There are 8 bits per byte, so you have 3 bytes per sample (per channel).

I’ve been experimenting with XVI32 and Audacity (I normally use GoldWave) and I found a much easier way to deal with data-shift! (I’m using Audacity 1.3.9)

With Audacity, File -> Import -> Raw Data. Click on the file and when the dialog box opens-up you’ll see Start offset. Try values of 0, 1, and 2. *************

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.