Handling sending stereo channel to mono mix

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Handling sending stereo channel to mono mix

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of GeddonArchon GeddonArchon 5 years ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of GeddonArchon
    GeddonArchon
    Participant

Maybe I could figure this out on my own but I’m sure it’s a pretty common situation so just wanted to see if anyone chimes in with some wisdom. I have a radial extc reamp box off of my mix out 4 on a qu32. The extc is mono in and out and has two loops for connecting guitar pedals, seemed like a fun box to have around to play with and so far it has been pretty cool when I send a mono source to it, but if I want to just send the left channel of a stereo channel to mix 4 what do I do? Do I have to unlink the stereo source? I guess I’m just not entirely clear how stereo channels are dealt with when they go out on a mono out. I don’t want to send a stereo channel combined into mono into my reamp box, but I also want to keep my stereo channel for the main mix. I’m definitely still an amateur at all this but I’m having fun! Well as long as I’ve kept my inputs and outputs in my patchbays connected properly. Always double check and mute and pull down faders before you make connections kids.

Profile photo of airickess
    airickess
    Participant

Change the feed to your box from Mix 4 (mono mix), to a stereo mix output (Mix 5-6, 7-8 or 9-10). Then just use one side of that stereo mix output. The mono channels sent to that stereo mix will still be mono.

Profile photo of GeddonArchon
    GeddonArchon
    Participant

Ok, that works. I’d prefer to do it on a mono mix but I do have a stereo one I’m not using for anything else. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.