Guitar Amp / Distortion / Overdrive effect

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD feature suggestions Guitar Amp / Distortion / Overdrive effect

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Detonator Detonator 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of johaennsan
    johaennsan
    Participant

When I am on an X32 I really like to use their amp-emulation for bass guitar, vocals or keyboards/synthie (If the mix calls for it and the band agrees, of course.
    On the GLD i try to make use of the tube drive in the “rotary speaker”, but that just doesn’t give me enough gain.

Profile photo of Mike
    Mike
    Participant

I second this one. It’s come up for me a number of times where there’s just not enough bite on a guitar, and the guitarist gets a little twitchy when people get near their cabinet.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

Again. Do not waste valuable DSP on effects that should be musician provided.

Profile photo of johaennsan
    johaennsan
    Participant

So do you only make use of the faders on your board without FX, EQ, Comp? Where does “should be musician provided” start, and where does “should be done in the board” end? It always depends on the situation. Please don’t tell me what I need or not without further knowledge of the situation.

Profile photo of GCumbee
    GCumbee
    Participant

All I am saying is those types of effects should be handled by the musician. Basic EQ, Comp, even reverb and delays have been around a long time. Whether in or outboard. But there has to be a line drawn as to what the console does and doesn’t need to provide. Each musician has his or her favorite distortion pedal for example. Which one do you choose to incorporate? How many would actually use it? In a live sound situation the engineer has no idea what the player wants. It’s not his job to determine that. Sure you could argue that for reverb and delay but it’s really not the same. Those are used on vocals as well. EQ and Compressors are not necessarily effects.

I understand your zeal for wanting a be all to end all device but it’s just not practical. If that’s what you have to have I suggest you find a product that has that feature.

Profile photo of Detonator
    Detonator
    Participant

+1

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The forum ‘GLD feature suggestions’ is closed to new topics and replies.