GLD Editor problems in Windows 10

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD troubleshooting GLD Editor problems in Windows 10

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of volounteer volounteer 3 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of beartech
    beartech
    Participant

I just switched from an Windows 7 to Windows 10 laptop. I used the GLD Editor with no problem. After switching to the Win 10 laptop, I found that the GLD Editor seems to have full functionality except for Strip Assign. When I open first open the editor I can usually move the strips normally. After I recall any other scene, the Editor will not allow me to add or move any strips. When I try to add new ones, I just get the circle with the not sign across. When I try to move strips, they just go back into the upper area with the unassigned strips. Any thoughts?

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

Is this operating freestanding or controlling the actual GLD? I haven’t noticed any issues freestanding but haven’t used it that much controlling the mixer. I usually use an iPad for that. I’ve definitely done quite a lot of strip assigns freestanding without any problems in win 10.

beartech
    Participant

This is in a stand alone operation. Not connected to the GLD.

Profile photo of MikeShand
    MikeShand
    Participant

I would be inclined to reload a clean copy of the editor and save a new copy of your show(s) onto a USB stick from the gld itself and see if that clears things up.

Profile photo of Edi
    Edi
    Participant

I can also confirm this problem.
    I’ve got two computers, one running Windows 8 and one Windows 10. The problem exists on both.

For the Windows 10 PC I can’t tell if the problem began when it was updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10, but for the Windows 8 machine I know that everything
    worked flawlessly when I installed the editor… But now same problem as mentioned above. Probably a windows update did mess the things up?

I tried a deinstallation and clean editor installation of version 1.51 but same problem again.
    After recalling a scene strip assignment is no more possible.

beartech
    Participant

Is there any resolution to this problem??? I have updated from v1.51 to 1.61 on a diffrent win 10 computer and it will still not allow strip assignments Am I th eonly person seeing this?

Profile photo of Mark K
    Mark K
    Participant

I’m running into this same problem and didn’t know if any of you had gotten resolution or a workaround on this

Profile photo of volounteer
    volounteer
    Participant

@beartech

major mistake

win10 is trouble waiting to happen

if it aint broke dont fix it
    go back to your win7 machine and use win10 as a social media toy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.