GL2400 Aux Channel stage monitor static

Forums Forums GLD Forums GLD general discussions GL2400 Aux Channel stage monitor static

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of beartech beartech 8 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Russ
    Russ
    Participant

I don’t know if I’m in the right place but could use some guidance. I have a GL2400 in my church sanctuary. We use Aux 1 and 2 for our stage monitors. Right now, we only use Aux 1 to drive 2 separate stage monitors. Each monitor runs from a separate connection on the stage, but the signal comes from the same aux channel. In the past, I have used both a small active and a large passive stage monitor with no issues. Recently, the active monitor has created continuous static in both monitors. I have tried two different powered monitors and they each create audible static. If I use both as passive monitors, the signal is clean. I’ve always been able to use both a passive and active (small Behringer on mic stand) monitor as I like to be able to control the monitor level for myself. But now the active monitor is sending static back through the aux channel somehow. Thanks for any assistance.

Profile photo of beartech
    beartech
    Participant

Hi Russ. The main thing to remember when mixing passive and active monitors is signal path. Make sure that the Aux output goes directly to the active monitor. The Aux output should go to an amp then to the passive monitor. IF you go Aux output to amp to activie monitor this will NOT be a valid configuration and will cause problems. Hope this helps.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘GL2400 Aux Channel stage monitor static’ is closed to new replies.