Fx automation

Forums Forums dLive Forums dLive General Discussions Fx automation

Tagged: 

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of guestantoine guestantoine 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of guestantoine
    guestantoine
    Participant

Hello,

Is there a way to automate internal fx parameters between scenes changes on the dlive?
    Like having the reverb decay going from 1s to 10s and a hpf rise on a 20s automation between 2 scenes?

Best

Profile photo of Daan
    Daan
    Participant

you can block everything, except fx changes in the scene recall scope. However, it will be an instant change between parameters.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

The “cross fade” timer in the scene system will slowly fade in/out fader levels according to whatever time you program, but that is the only element that can be time controlled. Every other change made during a scene change is done immediately. That being said, I think you can obtain the desired results with creative scene management. Basically you will use several scenes and the cross fade and embedded recall features to accomplish what you want.

Scene one (part 1/2) would simply fade down your FX returns over a few seconds – everything else is recall filter blocked. You would also use the “embedded” recall feature to automatically load a second scene (part 2/2) with the actual FX parameter and other changes (like HPF). You should time the embedded recall to fire after after the cross fade time ends. For example, if you are fading down the FX returns over 5 seconds, you would have the embedded recall fire off 5-6 seconds after the initial scene was loaded to ensure the returns have faded to nothing before the second scene is automatically loaded. The second scene would also use the cross fade timer to slowly bring the FX returns back to the desired levels. This way, while the FX changes are made immediately, they are done while the FX returns are faded out so the audience won’t hear the immediate and potentially jarring changes.

I think this should create your desired results (or at least give you some ideas on how to accomplish it). It will just take two scenes to accomplish it. Be sure to carefully select your recall filter settings for each scene. They will not be the same for both scenes.

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

If for some reason you don’t want to fade out the FX returns, another option would be to use a series of scenes to slowly change the parameters and use the embedded recall feature to automatically load them.

For example, if you need your decay time to change 10s over a 20 second period of time, then use 10 scenes that each change the decay time 1s and use the embedded recall feature to load them 2 seconds apart. Scene 1 changes the delay time from 1s to 2s and automatically loads the second scene after 2 seconds. The second scene changes the delay time from 2s to 3s and automatically loads the third scene after 2 more seconds, etc, etc, etc.

This way you only have to load scene 1 yourself to start the sequence. After that, the recall system will handle the rest of the scene recalls automatically and after 20 seconds, your delay time will have slowly changed from 1s to 10s.

Profile photo of guestantoine
    guestantoine
    Participant

Thx for your replies Brian. It’s probably the best ways to achieve what I’ve got in mind.
    Let’s see how it goes when I’ll try that on rehearsal in January.
    I’ll let you know

Best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.