Functionalities for a Play

Forums Forums Qu Forums Qu general discussions Functionalities for a Play

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Mike C Mike C 4 weeks, 1 day ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Albert
    Albert
    Participant

I am currently using a QU-32 as a high school student responsible for the shows/plays that go on at my school. There is no one around that really knows much about the board and I just updated it to a more recent software version for the first time in 8(ish) years. I was interested in both a specific topic as well as generally learning more about this board as a student potentially interested in going into a field around this topic. I wanted to know if the use of AMM could be practical during speech portions of a school play. If that is the case, I was wondering if there is a way that I could “toggle” this setting to allow myself to manually override everything and turn off the AMM during singing or whenever I see fit. If anyone could help me with this or provide any additional information that may be used to me it would be very much appreciated!

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

I wish I had a QU32 wayyyyyyy back when I was in high school.

I just used my QU32 for two school plays I do sound for.
    The AMM works great but is only available on the first 16 channels. Short of going into the settings there is no way to just toggle it on and off unless you make up two scenes and do a block on most other parameters. A scene recall will produce a very brief muted audio output.

How many people are singing at one time?
    Are you riding the main faders per the lines spoken during the play?

In the AMM menu go to the setting tab and turn on the follow fader function.

Profile photo of Albert
    Albert
    Participant

Its a pretty small group of kids that are miced due to the amount of mics we have. I’d say probably about 4 people (with mics) actually singing at the same time max. And currently all any of the past people have been doing is completely manually adjusting the faders as lines come up.

Profile photo of Mike C
    Mike C
    Participant

Do you have any hanging mics or floor mics out?

Line by line mixing is the way it’s normally done, or at least if a person is
    on stage and has speaking parts their mic is up.

If your using area type mics along with people who are wearing mics maybe put the area mics on the AMM with those mics on a subgroup for over all EQ’ing and level control.
    On a QU when assigning mics to a an audio subgroup you need to un assign those mic channels from the main LR mix.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.