Footswitch Bug causes desk freeze

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ troubleshooting Footswitch Bug causes desk freeze

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of MarkPAman MarkPAman 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Hi Everybody,

while filming some SQ video clips, I stumbled upon a bug: When you use a BOSS FS6 Footswitch and nothing is assigend, then the Mixer freezes…

You can see the video here:

Cheers!
    PS: I´ve already opend a support ticket.

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

This may, or may not be related.

I’ve had a freeze when testing a footswitch too. Had to reboot the desk to clear it. This was entirely repeatable, not a random one off.

It was quite an old switch, and I think the contact was probably dirty, as, when I measured it, it read O/C when open, but about 150ohms when closed, so I put the problem it down to that.

If it helps, it was a dual, momentary switch, and the ring circuit was the one that caused problems. I’d assigned it as a DCA mute.

Another switch has not given me any problems so far.

I’ve not tried a switch with nothing assigned. I may have time to test that tomorrow.

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

Alex from the Allen&Heath Support wrote to me:
    “After speaking with our software team, they have confirmed that this is a known issue and a fix will be included in the next firmware release.” He didn´t mention a release date…;)

Profile photo of Andre S
    Andre S
    Participant

In my OP I put a link to the SQ video playlist instead of to the relvant video. Here it is:

Profile photo of MarkPAman
    MarkPAman
    Participant

I think I need to go back to this next time I have the desk in front of me, and some spare time. Maybe I’d just not assigned the buttons correctly.

Also, I’ve now cleaned up the old footswitch, which has a nicer action & form factor that the other so I’d prefer to use that if I feel I can trust it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.