Feature Request: Fader Gain value on Scribble Strip

Forums Forums SQ Forums SQ feature suggestions Feature Request: Fader Gain value on Scribble Strip

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of ioTon ioTon 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of PatrickDuvall
    PatrickDuvall
    Participant

Hi, I own an SQ5, and have a recommendation for a feature to be added in a future firmware update.

One of the things I LOVE about the Yamaha CL/QL/PM series consoles is that you can see your fader’s level on the scribble strip. In the SQ series, not only do you not see the fader level on the Scribble strip, I don’t think it’s visible in any of the menus. Is that something that’s possible to add? Thanks in advance!

Profile photo of Dave Meadowcroft
    Dave Meadowcroft
    Participant

It’s a valid request and I was a little surprised when I bought my desk that it didn’t already do it.

However, after using it for a while I think I prefer mixing without that detail. There’s a temptation to mix by numbers rather than by sound when you have numbers displayed for everything, but on a digital desk it is strange for it not to be shown.

Profile photo of Maxdrums
    Maxdrums
    Participant

Hi in the Mixpad app you can see that but not in the SQ.
    So yes for me +1!!

Profile photo of PatrickDuvall
    PatrickDuvall
    Participant

I agree in regards to mixing, but if I’m doing system optimization, and trying to ensure that I have two outputs with the same gain value, that’s virtually impossible without some sort of visual guide for knowing what my fader is set at.

Profile photo of ioTon
    ioTon
    Participant

But at the routing tab, the first value is the fader of the selected channel or mix.

OK it’s without decimal point, but you can use the touch and turn knob, and adjust the value…

Or am I wrong?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.