Faders Sticking

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Crispimage Crispimage 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of aaronz
    aaronz
    Participant

I know there are a few threads on this already and I apologize for starting another one.
    I have an Avantis with multiple faders that will not consistently change positions between layers, I am not convinced this is a software issue as it has happened the same in v1.13, v1.21, and v1.22. Fader calibration does not have any effect on helping the faders that are sticking.

I am currently reaching out to my dealer about having faders replaced. Does anyone have any experience with having faders replaced? Do A&H sell an upgraded fader for the Avantis that is hopefully more reliable?

Any info on this would be great.

It is one of the older Avantis’s out there as I preordered it in December of ’19 and received it February of ’20 but I am disappointed with how quickly the faders have gone out. Best case scenario all faders can be replaced with upgraded faders and I can mix worry free.

Thanks

Profile photo of KdL
    KdL
    Participant

I forsee a hardware issue. mine went to tech support for this .. it was hardware …

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

is it multiple faders on the same side of the console?

Profile photo of aaronz
    aaronz
    Participant

I have fader problems on both sides

Profile photo of Yvo
    Yvo
    Participant

In my experience they generally swqp out faders if it’s just one fader.
    If it’s multiple faders per side, they may try to replace the the circuit board that controls that side.

If you have multiple sticky faders on both sides that’s pretty lame.
    I hope they don’t waste your time and offer some serious help.

Profile photo of Crispimage
    Crispimage
    Participant

We have one sticky fader on our dlive s5000 surface. Is there anything we can do to it without replacing a fader? Can we clean it with something? if so do we need to disassemble it or can it be done from the fader slot??
    Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.