Ex router

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions Ex router

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Brian Brian 4 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

Just purchased the 12 t. Can someone point me in the direction for a ex router. Small and easy set up. Thanks in advance

Profile photo of willmodelisme
    willmodelisme
    Participant

Any recent or older (depend of what kind of wifi you need) will make it.
    I would suggest wifi 6, 2.5ghz and 5ghz from TP-link or netgear or any well known firm.
    Depend also of the wifi available on your tablet/device you need to connect to (wifi 6 or less etc).

Profile photo of Tony
    Tony
    Participant

Many thanks

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

I would highly recommend one of the “travel routers” offered by GL.iNet. They work great and are inexpensive. It’s super easy to create your own network, even while being connected to a venue’s network (for internet access, etc). There are several models available and honestly probably any of them will work for a simple setup. But the more expensive models obviously have more features if you need them.

Seems like you can get the “Opal” (which is what I have) for less than $40 right now off Amazon (at least in the US).

Profile photo of Bonecat
    Bonecat
    Participant

We had a lot of issues with routers failing, usually during a gig. We also play venues with massive Wi-Fi traffic and lots of overlapping networks. We spent some $$ on a Ubiquiti Dream Router, turned of the 2.4G radio, and hid our SSID. So far it’s been very solid… Not cheap, but worth it not to have to listen to people complaining about stuff during a show….

Profile photo of Brian
    Brian
    Participant

Hiding your SSID does not provide any real network security and it can actually cause network performance issues. Plus it is simply annoying to use/manage. Use some random SSID name (ie not “FOH Audio” but something like “AndroidAP_5306”) along with strong passwords and you will actually make things much easier on yourself.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.