EasyEQ Mid Frequency

Forums Forums CQ Forums CQ General Discussions EasyEQ Mid Frequency

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of JayDee JayDee 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of JayDee
    JayDee
    Participant

Hello, I’ve heard Keith say in the videos that the EasyEQ is modeled after the Zed series EQ. I was messing around with it today and found after converting to a Complete Channel that the mid control is centered on 800hz. It was my understanding that the Zed series had it’s mid centered on 600hz. Was I incorrect about that? Thanks.

Profile photo of briansmith
    briansmith
    Participant

Well, I haven’t heard any news about the EasyEQ modeled after the Zed series EQ.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@jaydee

Wow! Good spot!
    Yes, the EasyEQ is mostly derived from ZED, with widths and frequencies closest to the ZEDi mono input EQ.
    You are correct that the ZEDi mono channel mid frequency is centred at 600Hz, but then the semi parametric mid of the ZED 2-bus range is sweepable from 150Hz to 4kHz and we indeed ended up with 800Hz for the EasyEQ mid.

Cheers,
    Keith.

Profile photo of JayDee
    JayDee
    Participant

Keith, Thank you for the info. Is there any chance that you all might add a sweepable mid control to the EasyEQ? That would be a nice alternative to converting to Complete Channel in order to tailor the mids in a more traditional way.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.