DX168 16×8 Portable DX I/O Expander usage

Forums Forums Avantis Forums Avantis General Discussions DX168 16×8 Portable DX I/O Expander usage

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Terry Terry 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I am looking to see if I can connect a DX168 from a pressbox to my production truck via Tac Fiber if I use a fiber to data converter on both ends. This would get me past the 300′ mark.

Profile photo of KeithJ A&H
    KeithJ A&H

@Blue Sky Productions

We have seen and heard of many working examples of using fibre conversion for long runs.
    One thing to be aware of with DX and the SLink port is that the SLink port must see a fast ethernet connection (not gigabit) to know it’s looking for DX or dSnake units.
    There’s some more info here – https://support.allen-heath.com/hc/en-gb/articles/4403553378449-Audio-Networking-gigaACE-and-DX-networking-VLANs-and-fibre-optics

Thanks,
    Keith.

Profile photo of Terry
    Terry
    Participant

I recently put together a fiber system for my SQ5 and AR2412. As Keith says, it required a Fast Ethernet media converter on each end in order to make it work, but once I got there it’s been fine. Currently it’s only 50m, because I wanted to be certain it worked, but I’ll be adding a 250m fiber soon, which will cover just about every situation I’m in.

My media converters are TP-Link MC110CS that I got from B&H Photo. They’re SC/APC connectors, based on the advice of a friend who does a lot of work in broadcast video, but LC connectors seem to be more readily available in pre-made TAC fiber.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.